• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Sigma 18-50 Dc lens? (1 Viewer)

peteh

Hello

Does anyone have this lens yet? If so is it alright?
I am looking for a cheap (but not completely rubbish) bog standard lens to go with my 10d, in case I ever want to take a landscape pic etc.
This one looks to fit the bill but since it is so new I cant find any reviews/information on it.

Thanks
Pete.

If you wait a week or so Pete, you can have a look at Keren's - it's the one she's getting with her 300D.

I saw a review of it that included photos taken with the lens. This was at the Nikonians forum online. The person who got hold of one of these early on lives in Japan. He was very positive about the lens and the photos he posted looked very good. I would think that given Sigma's recent history it will be a very good lens for the price.

Thanks,
I found today that Practical Photographer has given it a rating of 88%.
so for 80 quid it will do as a second lens I reckon.

Thanks again
Pete.

Cheers for the offer Cubbsy. I recently picked up one from ebay for 60 quid though,
haven't used it much mind you, I am too lazy to take my big lens off! :)
Pete.

peteh said:
Hello

Does anyone have this lens yet? If so is it alright?
I am looking for a cheap (but not completely rubbish) bog standard lens to go with my 10d, in case I ever want to take a landscape pic etc.
This one looks to fit the bill but since it is so new I cant find any reviews/information on it.

Thanks
Pete.

have a look at http://www.dpreview.com/news/0310/03102703sigmadclenses.asp
not a review as such, but try it out on your camera 1st.. easy with digital...

Hi Kiki, I'll drive anything thats lying on my drive and will start (My cameras worth more!) get your bins out and look for Honda STX 1300 Pan european (2 Wheels, Red).

Glad Pete is fixed up, I did see that offer on ebay.

Would like to bump into one of you guys for some tuition soon, It was by looking at your web site that I became facinated with the little one's.......... New bins, scope and D.SLR / Lens, so now I'm Broke, Might not be able to get the drinks in.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back