• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Action 8x40 8.2' CJ and BJ models, what's the difference? (1 Viewer)

billschieman

United States
Can anyone tell me the difference between the CJ and BJ models of this discontinued Nikon binoculars? I called Nikon today but was told all the technical information on those old models is no longer available. I'm buying used binoculars for a scout group and was impressed with an old pair of 8x40 CJ binos I tried. I see both the old Nikon Action CJ and BJ models for sale on eBay at attractive prices but would like to know the difference before purchasing. I have not been able to find anything on the internet. Thanks, Bill

Dear Bill,
I have searched in Japanese but can find no explanation. My guess is they are factory codes. The most recent ones have BF written there. I would simply say that the binoculars are likely to be identical except for possible production date and/or factory of manufacture. I doubt if you can go wrong with either BJ or CJ. If I find any more information I will post again.
All the best from Japan,
Vimy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back