• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon Monarch HG 8x42 vs Zeiss SFL 8x40 (1 Viewer)

MGT

If anyone has any experience of comparing the Nikon Monarch HG 8x42 vs Zeiss SFL 8x40 I would be interested to know their thoughts prior to testing them out myself. My main concerns are a full size quality lightweight binocular as I carry heavy camera gear and these 2 appear very similar on paper with a significant difference in price. Is the quality of their view and ergonomics really that different?

Thanks in advance

If anyone has any experience of comparing the Nikon Monarch HG 8x42 vs Zeiss SFL 8x40 I would be interested to know their thoughts prior to testing them out myself. My main concerns are a full size quality lightweight binocular as I carry heavy camera gear and these 2 appear very similar on paper with a significant difference in price. Is the quality of their view and ergonomics really that different?

Thanks in advance
Certainly the monarch HG is a full size high-quality light weight optic. Excellent at the price point, one of the best in my opinion in the 42mm.

On the other hand the SFL is clearly a step up from the monarch HG. They’re brighter, sharper, more neutral ( if you like neutral) and the focuser is to die for, if you get a good one.

If these were my two choices and money wasn’t an issue , and I wanted the lightest best binoculars in 40/42 , I’d go SFL.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back