• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon P5000 + Leica Televid & Spidertech adapter (1 Viewer)

Xinram

Hello all,

My old CP4500 is broken en I'm thinking of buying a P5000. For my CP4500 I use a Spidertech digiscope adapter (http://www.spidertech.fi/ada.php). This is a 28 mm adapter that fits on my Leice Televid 20-60x zoom. I think it should be possible to screw this adapter to the UR-E20 adapterring.

What I like to know is:
(1) Are more people using this combination?
(2) Are there no problems with zooming the camera in (doens't it hit the adapter), since the P5000 lens zooms outside the camera instead of inside, as the CP4500 does. Is it possible to use all your camera 3,5x zoom?
(3) How far do you need to zoom in to loose your vignetting?

Thanks,

Xinram,
The Netherlands

can help on a couple of your questions as I use the P5000 on a TeleVue TV85telescope for my bird photos,, the E-20 screws directly into the TeleVue adapter made for 28mm threads,,

the E-20 adapter is screwed on the camera in place of a finishing ring around the base of the lens barrel and must be removed to install,, even when zoomed to full extension the lens barrel does not protrude beyond the E-20s end and never touches it,, in fact on any of my eyepieces the lens barrel has never contacted any of my eyepieces,, to eliminate vignetting I only zoom about half way out,,

if your using the P5000 then the fsb-6 bracket works the best!
the only problem is that it is made for a 82mm scope...
The solution is just to get som tape en role it around the oculair to make it somewhat bigger. It works really great!

good luck!

Thanks for the info.

I've ordered the P5000 last week and it arrived a couple of days ago.
I've done some testing and the above mentioned combination works very good. Some pictures from the last days can be found on my site (http://marnixjonker.fotopic.net/, go to NEW)

I even had the luck to find a "good bird" while I was making some test pictures. A White-rumped Sandpiper showed up at my local patch, a very good bird for the Netherlands.
:-O

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back