• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

North Egean sea/Çanakkale TURKIYE (1 Viewer)

SCPALAS

Is that Black winged Pratincole ? The photos are taken today. at west coast of Çanakkale at Geyikli town The bird was quite far from me and was flying from Bozcaada island to mainland direction.

Attachments

• 3R4A4013.jpg
    3R4A4013.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 44
  • 3R4A4016.jpg
    3R4A4016.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 3R4A4019x.jpg
    3R4A4019x.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 3R4A4020.jpg
    3R4A4020.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 3R4A4022.jpg
    3R4A4022.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 43
Hello,

I must admit first gut feeling is: this surely has to be a Barn Swallow? Please note:
  • appearant whitish underwing-coverts
  • the right head pattern with an paler supercilium, divided from the pale throat by a dark eye-stripe
  • with much wishful thinking I can just make out a darkish breast band???
  • appearant darkish/coloured undertail-coverts?
  • can I see the right reddish hues in the right areas for a Barn Swallow???
No offence you know: but judging these points with confidence is extremly difficult here, as you are surely aware of.

Do you have more pictures?

Anyway: its no Pratincole because your bird lacks the white rump, which should be evident here

Hello,

I must admit first gut feeling is: this surely has to be a Barn Swallow? Please note:
  • appearant whitish underwing-coverts
  • the right head pattern with an paler supercilium, divided from the pale throat by a dark eye-stripe
  • with much wishful thinking I can just make out a darkish breast band???
  • appearant darkish/coloured undertail-coverts?
  • can I see the right reddish hues in the right areas for a Barn Swallow???
No offence you know: but judging these points with confidence is extremly difficult here, as you are surely aware of.

Do you have more pictures?

Anyway: its no Pratincole because your bird lacks the white rump, which should be evident here
Thanks for your kind & detailed reply Alexander. I have some more photos but they are worse then the photos attached. Cheers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back