• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Notes (1 Viewer)

Andrew

wibble wibble
Are there any current sites in Staffordshire or around Featherstone where you are guaranteed a Smew drake?
Like the info on Chasewater and Belvide reservoir north of Gailey. How can one get last minute permission to use the hides?

Acess to Belvide is by permit only (permits can be purchased, or included with membership of the West Midland Bird Club).

There are no arrangements for "last minute" visits, though it is possibe special access would be provided in the case of a mega- rarity.

--
Andy Mabbett
Webmaster & Trustee
West Midland Bird Club

Can anyone tell me a few tips for finding the Wood and Green Sandpipers as well as the Little Gulls on this reservoir? I also would like to get some views of Tree Sparrows in South Staffs.

Andrew said:
I also would like to get some views of Tree Sparrows in South Staffs.

You are almost guaranteed Tree Sparrows at Belvide - at the feeding station in the car park!

--
Andy Mabbett
Webmaster & Trustee
West Midland Bird Club

Thanks both of you.

Andy, I looked for some last time I went up but did not expect any now as I thought the feeding station would not be filled but am glad to find there should be some. Brilliant!

Kevin, I have PM'ed you.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back