• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron BGA PC ASF 10x42 (3 Viewers)

AS for aspheric and maybe the F as a code for the flavour of multicoating or just dodgy spelling.

AS for aspheric and maybe the F as a code for the flavour of multicoating or just dodgy spelling.
Thanks Norm . All these abbreviations are very confusing . I wish the manufacturer would just tell make it clear what these mean

BGA = B denotes roof prism, GA denotes rubber armour
PC = phase corrected prisms
ASF = aspheric eye lens and F-type multi-coating to improve colour contrast
T = twist type eyecups

The BGA ASF T was the fifth generation of the Imagic range.

To some extent the model name changes over time were to help us differentiate between the versions and therefore the likely remaining warranty when customers returned products without proof of purchase.

HTH

Cheers, Pete

T = twist type eyecups

To some extent the model name changes over time were to help us differentiate between the versions and therefore the likely remaining warranty when customers returned products without proof of purchase.

HTH

Cheers, Pete
Thanks Pete very helpful
Peter

T = twist type eyecups

HTH

Cheers, Pete
I have a friend who dropped her Opticron Countryman bga pc T 8x42 into water. The LHS Diopter is seized. I wonder if these would be still covered by warranty?? I think they are 2010 vintage

Our UK warranty doesn't cover accidental damage so any repair would be chargeable. This range had a 10 year warranty.

The Countryman BGA range has always had a centre dioptre adjustment. If you mean the eyecup mechanism then this is almost certainly repairable. Best advice would be to call our service department - 01582 726522, option 1.

HTH, Pete

Our UK warranty doesn't cover accidental damage so any repair would be chargeable. This range had a 10 year warranty.rage

The Countryman BGA range has always had a centre dioptre adjustment. If you mean the eyecup mechanism then this is almost certainly repairable. Best advice would be to call our service department - 01582 726522, option 1.

HTH, Pete
OK Pete, thanks I am trying to encourage my friend , who lives in Porlock to return them for inspection. I have downloaded the repair form and asked her to send a covering letter about them

Is there an inspection charge please.? She is a retired NHS nurse on a limited income so she would be concerned about spending a lot on them.

Thanks for your help

There's no inspection fee but she would have to pay for return postage regardless of whether she has any recommended repair work done. Cost is £6 plus VAT.

I have a friend who dropped her Opticron Countryman bga pc T 8x42 into water. The LHS Diopter is seized. I wonder if these would be still covered by warranty?? I think they are 2010 vintag

T = twist type eyecups

HTH

Cheers, Pete
Hello Pete,

I have just bought a pair of Opticron Oregon wp le 8x30. I guess WP is an abbreviation for waterproof but what does LE stand for please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back