• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron repair lead time? (1 Viewer)

Gzoladz74

Hi all,

I sent my HRGAED80 to get serviced as it seems to be misaligned (it no longer focuses across the full field of view, but as I turn the focus wheel the focus point moves from one side to the other).

Does anyone have a ball park estimate of how long it is currently taking? I am sending it from Ireland, in case that makes a difference.

Thanks
G

If the repair is covered under warranty then turnaround time is around a week. Non-warranty, chargeable repairs are three to four weeks.

When did you send the scope to us?

If the repair is covered under warranty then turnaround time is around a week. Non-warranty, chargeable repairs are three to four weeks.

When did you send the scope to us?
Thanks Pete, that helps - I only sent it recently (Fri 14th via Conns Cameras) what may add a little to the total time...I have been using my old MM3 60 since, I forgot how good and light it was!

Got my scope back a few weeks ago, it is working very well now. Repair time took as anticipated by Opticron and their responsiveness to a few questions before and after the work was completed was very timely too.
Happy overall, Stuart from the service department was great!

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back