• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Our Wildlife Garden (1 Viewer)

Original PaulE

United Kingdom
We have a small Garden in Mid Sussex, the area is suburban/urbanish with not a lot of decent habitat that close, we have a pond and have planted a couple of small trees and bushes and don't mow the lawn much. So considering the circumstances we do get some good wildlife, the recent highlight masses of Tadpoles appearing in the pond. Hopefully more will appear as time progresses

The story so far on the Blog at the link

Nice work with the garden.

Sadly we've not had tadpoles this year or last - previous years the ponds were inundated. I fear there's been a local frog population crash.

I wasn't allowed a pond until the children were old enough to not fall in.
Had one for about 12 years now.
I get a buzz every year we get frogspawn.
Something I had wanted since childhood was frogs in my own pond.
Last April we dug up the front lawn & planted lots of bee friendly plants using the info from Bumblebee Conservation Trust.

I wasn't allowed a pond until the children were old enough to not fall in.
Had one for about 12 years now.
I get a buzz every year we get frogspawn.
Something I had wanted since childhood was frogs in my own pond.
Last April we dug up the front lawn & planted lots of bee friendly plants using the info from Bumblebee Conservation Trust.
Yes I've never seen the attraction of a mown lawn, which has to be watered throughout the summer to keep it green! Much nicer to have wildflowers and the insects buzzing around that they attract! Also much less mowing which is a bonus as far as I'm concerned 😀 the pond really ramps things up though since we have had that seems a lot more insects have appeared, but yes can understand why it would be a bit dodgy with toddlers around!!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back