• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pond Restore (1 Viewer)

Original PaulE

United Kingdom
Our Pond, which has provided us with lots of wildlife action, since we installed it a few years ago, suffered a catastrophic failure a few days before Christmas, we have spent the last few days re-installing it!! Apparently Pond Liner inflation is currently running at about a million % so we went down the preformed liner route which seems to have worked quite well!! We are hoping the two frogs that were in the bottom of the pond will survive the process, luckily the temperature is quite warm for the time of year, fingers crossed for them they seemed pretty lively when they relocated to the finished pond!!! Full story on the blog, be prepared for tears when you read the trials and tribulations we went through!!!
Pond Restore

20231231_133701.jpg

Last edited:
Good little read, tarnished by the mention of the dirty Leeds Utd. I'm sure it will settle down soon. Don't think Charlie Dimmock needs to worry yet. (y)

Thanks for the read - can I recommend a boggy area if you can stand a bit more digging! If you have not already thrown away the old liner you can use it to keep the area wet and also keep in check plants like peppermint whose roots go crazy and pop up plants everywhere, but which are native, are great for wildlife and look fab!

Thanks for the read - can I recommend a boggy area if you can stand a bit more digging! If you have not already thrown away the old liner you can use it to keep the area wet and also keep in check plants like peppermint whose roots go crazy and pop up plants everywhere, but which are native, are great for wildlife and look fab!
I have still got the old liner so could give it a go, though space might be an issue!!

I would look at making a "backdrop", as the meadow sweet and mints can be larger plants. Maybe dig out and line the top soil you have put down in the corner - if you can face it!

Meadowsweet is one of my favourite marshy plants, long carrying heavenly scent.
Using modern interpretation and VAR, I reckon both teams would have finished with around 3 players on the claggy pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back