• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Out with the OM10 in with the Sony DSC-HX400V (1 Viewer)

LittleBitOfBreadNoCheese

Scotland
I used to do bird photography with a manual OM10 and 500mm mirror lens. Yesterday I grabbed a new Sony DSC-HX400V and this is my first go at a handheld point and click close up bird shot (its a bit blurred still probably as the bird started walking just at the wrong time). Auto everything. It's probably no worse than my first go with the old setup. I'd be interested in any comments.

Attachments

• DSC00003.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I used to do bird photography with a manual OM10 and 500mm mirror lens. Yesterday I grabbed a new Sony DSC-HX400V and this is my first go at a handheld point and click close up bird shot (its a bit blurred still probably as the bird started walking just at the wrong time). Auto everything. It's probably no worse than my first go with the old setup. I'd be interested in any comments.
Late reply, hope it still relevant and help in some way.

I started with this camera HX400V. It can capture good quality image provided (1) Good Light, (2) Subject not too far distance. It is very small sensor (1/2.3").

Based on your photo, I believe the blur could cause by low shutter speed 1/80s. Try use Shutter Priority Mode starting at least 1/320s for handheld.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back