• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Owl audio and silhouette - Strasbourg France - Jan 26, 2023 (1 Viewer)

The silhouette is the same bird as the audio. Just had a listen to eagle owl and unless there is anything sounding similar I am happy with that. Thank you RB

Photo is completely unidentifiable, I'm afraid - even as a bird. I'm surprised that an eagle owl would perch on the outermost little twigs of a tree.

The photo is the same bird as that on the audio which has been IDed as an eagle owl.
... but is still unidentifiable to species nonetheless! The image has been of no use in the identification process due to its poor quality. If you know 100% for certain that it was the bird making the calls, then that alone identifies it; on it's own, the image is of little/no use!

RB

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back