• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Paljassaare hoiuala - Estonia (1 Viewer)

hi all. I went birdwatching to Paljassaare hoiuala reserve (next to Tallinn) in Estonia today and I am unsure about the ID of the birds in these pics. Can you please help with their ID?
These are my guessed IDs:
Pic 1: dunlin
Pics 2-5: these are heavily cropped because the birds was far away. I think it's a stint (Temminck's?), and pic 2 there is a yellow wagtail (I think!) for size comparison
Pics 6-7: are these all juvenile common terns?
Pics 8-9: serin?

thank you for your help!

Attachments

• Dunlin.jpg
    Dunlin.jpg
    748.6 KB · Views: 44
  • stint 3.jpg
    stint 3.jpg
    671.6 KB · Views: 41
  • stint and yellow wagtail.jpg
    stint and yellow wagtail.jpg
    768.9 KB · Views: 41
  • stint 2.jpg
    stint 2.jpg
    698.4 KB · Views: 38
  • stint 1.jpg
    stint 1.jpg
    828.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Juv common tern 2.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 14
  • Juv common tern 1.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 19
  • serin 2.jpg
    serin 2.jpg
    782.1 KB · Views: 39
  • serin 1.jpg
    serin 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
Hello,
I agree with you and Roland,

1 Dunlin is correct for me too
2 Temmincks Stint is correct, Yellow Wagtail too (just guessable yellowish cast to belly and dark, not pale and 110% pure grey back and very narrow and straight supercilium excludes White Wagtail)

I skip the second Terns, especially the left one is hard for me. Thanks Roland!

The Serin is a Yellowhammer imo just by gut feeling and head pattern and just visible tail pattern

Users who are viewing this thread

Back