• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Passive birder returns.... (1 Viewer)

Hey all,
I am a long time Bird freak but I have been a relatively passive bird watcher for over 20 years now due to discovering girls and cars!
My kids are now at an age when I am getting a bit of a life back and am keen to lose myself in the wilderness again. I live in Surbiton, Surrey and am really keen to continue where I left off, I have even dusted off the old binoculars that I got for my 13th Birthday.
Is there much of a scene in my area?
I really want to start visiting local areas often such as Thursley, Epsom and Chobham commons, is there an active group that does this sort of thing?
I am into Bonsai and pretty much all Nature, I have been a gardener / groundsman all my working life, I have now made it to the management level, the downside is that I am now in an office and can't spend my days passively bird watching.....I have an itch that needs scratching it seems...

cheers
Stuart

Hi there Stuart and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum. :t:

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello ;)

Hello Stuart,
And another welcome to the Birdforum and welcome back to birdwatching! If you don't get your answer to local activities while scanning the forums, you might also post your question in the information wanted subforum.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back