• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Perthshire (1 Viewer)

burnie

I can't see a thread for the county, went to visit my daughter who lives in a farmhouse high above the city, pleased and quite surprised to find 4 Ravens flying around for around an hour, they seemed to be doing some kind of display flights.

Oooh Nice one Burnie. Always lovely to see Ravens I think.

Perthshire is included in the Tayforth thread.... that's where I post my sightings (few at the moment as I find getting out and about rather difficult).

We had a walk up Kinnoul Hill in September and had a couple of Ravens fly past the viewpoint overlooking the Tay Valley. However, the highlight for me was probably the Nuthatch we saw whilst we were heading back down.

Had a wander into Glen Quaich the other day looking for Black Grouse and Capercaillie, both of which I have seen there in the past, sadly apart from a lone Golden Eagle disappearing into the fog, nothing much was seen, though I did hear Crossbills.

Scoth mist by tigerburnie, on Flickr

I love Glen Quaich, one of my all time favourite glens. I always try to take visitors there.

Spent a day in Blair Atholl yesterday. In the morning walked up through Old Bridge of Tilt and Fenderbridge, after lunch took the quiet path on the south bank of the River Garry. Outside the village centre I didn't pass a single dog walker so it was pretty undisturbed. Raven, Buzzard, flock of Reed Buntings, two separate Nuthatches, Grey Wagtail on a wire and a Dipper on the Garry south bank. The place was like a ghost town with all the tourist and food/drink places shut except the Atholl Arms hotel.

Spent some time on Corsie hill yesterday, quite a lot going on, seems to a lot of Corvids about, several Magpies and Carrion Crows, a few Swallows and House Martins around the buildings and a Garden Warbler, Wren, Starlings and Pheasants.

A single Raven flew over Corsie hill today along with a ;lot of Swallows and House Martins, they seem to have gone from the coastal areas near us though. Tawny Owls making a racket in my daughters garden, getting to their territorial scraps now the nights are drawing in.

Oh nice one Burnie. I used to hear one round here, but not for a few years now.

Oh lovely if they're getting into the hills there too.

Thanks Burnie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back