• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Phonescopy with Iphone 13 PRO (1 Viewer)

MIKADO

France
I have a BRESSER Condor 20-60x85 spotting scope(diam. ocular 58 mm) and an Iphone 13 PRO.
Wishing to get into phonescopy, I was looking for an adapter to connect the 2. After many failures, I ended up finding one that works perfectly. This is the Smartphone digiscoping adapter TSN-IP13 PRO RP on which an adjustable eyepiece adapter ring is screwed (Smartoscope model UR-4).
Maybe this experience will help others...
Good shots.

Last edited:
Indeed it is helpful, thank you. I am currently exploring the options.
Is it specific to the one iPhone, do you know ?
I ask because I have an iPhone 7plus and will probably upgrade this in a year or so but would like an adapter for this season.
Was wondering if they might able to adjust to different phones.
Tx again !

Each type of iPhone has its adapter. An adapter exists for the 7+ at a price exceeding $100. If you upgrade to an iPhone 13, you will have to buy a new adapter...

im sure you got your Bluetooth working well.....is there an app or a suggestion on how to cope with the fone going into power down or sleep mode? with long waiting periods between talking and finding bird shots opportunities..my fone powers down and remote shutter doesn't work. any help would be appreciated....as I've got a galaxy a13

im sure you got your Bluetooth working well.....is there an app or a suggestion on how to cope with the fone going into power down or sleep mode? with long waiting periods between talking and finding bird shots opportunities..my fone powers down and remote shutter doesn't work. any help would be appreciated....as I've got a galaxy a13
I use an app called Auto Clicker that basically "taps" on your phone with a preset frequency i.e. every 2 minutes. That keeps the phone awake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back