• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pied Wagtail Roost (1 Viewer)

Funny you've just posted this today, yesterday evening I was trying to surreptitiously sit on a bench and count pied wags roosting in a lit up tree outside our friendly neighborhood asda before doing the shopping . . . I only made it 150 max. Still brilliant though!

Max I've seen was 1800+ roosting in the little car park trees at Gateway supermarket back in Wincanton, Somerset, but I also read recently of roosts of 5000+ at Stodmarsh/Grove Ferry (John may know) in September historically. . . .

I saw the pied wagtail roost in Swanley outside Asda earlier today. It seems to have shrunk as there were only around 50 birds this evening.

Alex

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back