• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pigeon Chicks (1 Viewer)

Florence48

United Kingdom
Hi, I’ve had 2 pigeon chicks on my balcony but not sue which are chicks and which are adults. Can anyone help please? Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2703.jpeg
    IMG_2703.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2704.jpeg
    IMG_2704.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Welcome to BirdForum. I hope you enjoy your visits.
The first image looks to be the juvies.

Welcome to BirdForum.
Thank you for that. It’s comforting to know they are healthy too, although they’ve destroyed my balcony and a few plants. I’ve had experts in who are going to add netting to my balcony, although they need to check for any other eggs or chicks. I’m not sure why the pigeons chose my balcony as I sit out on it every day. I appreciate your identifying them.

Hi, welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Thank you for that. It’s comforting to know they are healthy too, although they’ve destroyed my balcony and a few plants. I’ve had experts in who are going to add netting to my balcony, although they need to check for any other eggs or chicks. I’m not sure why the pigeons chose my balcony as I sit out on it every day. I appreciate your identifying them.
Hi Florence and a warm welcome from me too.

I can only guess that they felt secure with your presence and you weren't likely to disturb them.

Also with you being there, it was likely to deter predators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing about the birds you see when out and about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back