• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pipit - Baie de Somme (France) in May (1 Viewer)

Widus

Hi,
I am not sure about the identity of this bird. The streaking on the breast and flanks are well marked. There is a hint of orange-pinkish hue on the throat. The legs are very pale. Maybe it is simply a meadow pipit but I would like to have your opinion about this bird.
Thanks,
ChristianAnthus sp - 2019.05.08 Pointe du Hourdel (Somme) France.jpg

Certainly a good contender for Red-throated; white background to underparts, very sharp black streaks on underparts and prominent supercilium. Back streaking looks s good too even though the characteristic "tramlines" look a bit weak.

I posted this image because I suspected that it was a Red-throated Pipit indeed (but did not dare saying it). I am glad that this is confirmed by my peers :)

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back