• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pipit ID - Cannock Chase, England. (1 Viewer)

greg_evans

Hello all,

I'm not sure if this a Meadow Pipit or a Tree Pipit? I have several pictures taken on the same evening which are clearly Meadow but i'm not sure about this one.

Its in a tree after all....

Attachments

• pipit.jpg
    pipit.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 276
Hello, another vote for Meadow Pipit. Some of the streaks on the chest are melting together and form a bigger spot, which is very typical for Meadow, I think ...

Hello, another vote for Meadow Pipit. Some of the streaks on the chest are melting together and form a bigger spot, which is very typical for Meadow, I think ...

I agree with Meadow, although I think the "bigger spot" is actually a part of the tree.

Missed this one first time round. Is this really as easy and straightforward as everyone thinks? Wouldn't mind seeing a second photo myself.

Graham

Up here (north of Sweden) I ONLY see Mipits in trees..

The attached photos are typical..

//Ben

Attachments

• Bild 004.jpg
    Bild 004.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Bild 005.jpg
    Bild 005.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 54
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back