• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pipit ID India (1 Viewer)

I’m with Andy - Dark lores and dark ear coverts as well as head and mantle pattern point to Paddy. It also looks comparatively short-tailed - Further, without checking, I don’t know if Richard’s is in range but these features particularly would seem to rule out Richards, along with apparently clean flanks. Again, not sure if Blyth’s is possible on range without checking but the relatively plain mantle would seem to also rule out Blyth’s as does the dark lores/ear coverts face pattern on the OP. ( It is hard though to see how much is shadow and how much is plumage so wouldn’t like to say 100% - also whether there are any other contenders?)

I’m with Andy - Dark lores and dark ear coverts as well as head and mantle pattern point to Paddy. It also looks comparatively short-tailed - Further, without checking, I don’t know if Richard’s is in range but these features particularly would seem to rule out Richards, along with apparently clean flanks. Again, not sure if Blyth’s is possible on range without checking but the relatively plain mantle would seem to also rule out Blyth’s as does the dark lores/ear coverts face pattern on the OP. ( It is hard though to see how much is shadow and how much is plumage so wouldn’t like to say 100% - also whether there are any other contenders?)
Thank you Deb. You gleaned a lot from very poor images taken from slides.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back