• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please help, what bird is this, and is it a rare species? (1 Viewer)

meishere

Singapore
Hi bird lovers, I'm unable to capture a picture and i only have this audio. Would anyone be able to identify what bird species is this via the sound?

Attachments

• VID-20240131-WA0008.mp4
    13.4 MB
Welcome to BirdForum. I think this is an Asian Koel. It's a pretty common bird in southeast Asia, though much easier to hear than see.

Hello, curiously enough, it seems to sound quite similar to Tawny Owl of Europe, which I didn't know about. And welcome from me as well.

Welcome to BF.
Could you give the location and date with ID queries? This can often be very important to know. For this observation, I'm guessing it may be Singapore (from the flag by your name)?.
seems to sound quite similar to Tawny Owl
Not to any call of tawny owl that I know. Sounds fine for Asian koel, and - from the video - this is just the sort of situation in which one is liable to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back