• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from an amateur twitcher. (i.d. South Derbyshire) (1 Viewer)

neilp6206

United Kingdom
Hi I’m new to this but have some great wildlife around my village and if anyone can help me identify some bird species I’d be very grateful.

Attachments

• 118B9604-B5EC-458F-B89F-8F483D0CDD8A.png
    118B9604-B5EC-458F-B89F-8F483D0CDD8A.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 109
  • 0989C497-E8DD-4C7D-AC84-966E3E3A0EEB.png
    0989C497-E8DD-4C7D-AC84-966E3E3A0EEB.png
    8.1 MB · Views: 110
  • 53ECCFFD-F253-475B-AF0F-A0DA272DB842.png
    53ECCFFD-F253-475B-AF0F-A0DA272DB842.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 109
If you could tell us when and where these pictures were taken that would be great.

Welcome to BF. I suspect you maybe an amateur birder rather than an amateur twitcher - there's a difference, but perhaps best not to get into that just now... 😉
My first thought was a caracara. I'm not convinced about the white tail-tip: there's a whitish photo-artefact aura around the whole bird.

My first thought was a caracara. I'm not convinced about the white tail-tip: there's a whitish photo-artefact aura around the whole bird.
Welcome to BF. I suspect you maybe an amateur birder rather than an amateur twitcher - there's a difference, but perhaps best not to get into that just now... 😉
What’s a photo-artefact aura???

Attachments

• IMG_3269.MOV
    15.7 MB
Whitish edge created by camera's software or by post-processing. However, the video confirms a solid narrow white tail-tip, so it is adult striated caracara (southern S America, Falklands, etc). Someone will want it back...

Whitish edge created by camera's software or by post-processing. However, the video confirms a solid narrow white tail-tip, so it is adult striated caracara (southern S America, Falklands, etc).

Whitish edge created by camera's software or by post-processing. However, the video confirms a solid narrow white tail-tip, so it is adult striated caracara (southern S America, Falklands, etc).
No editing here! So what the heck is it doing round here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back