• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

PLOVER ID REQUESTED | BRIDGEHAMPTON NY USA (1 Viewer)

Apb_birds

United Kingdom
I think I saw an American Golden Plover among a larger group of 10-15 Grey/Black-bellied Plovers. I sadly did not have my DSLR with me and took iPhone/Binocular pictures. There was a noticeable gold/brown wash on this individual compared to the grey of the grey plovers (all were in non-breeding plumage), and the bill coloration was also different, with the bill NOT all black like on the Grey Plovers.

Plovers were spotted on the sandbar between the sea and end of Sagapanack Pond in NY USA on 27th September.

I include the following pictures:
IMG 7954: individual in question on the far right with a grey plover facing the camera on the left
Video: individual in question on the left, with the camera suddenly going to the right and showing at the very end a grey plover on the right. A difference in colour is noticeable between the two
IMG 7951: Individual in question
IMG 7940: grey plover example for comparison from that group of grey plovers
IMG 7951: Individual in question

Attachments

• IMG_7954.jpeg
    IMG_7954.jpeg
    1,016.4 KB · Views: 58
  • E9BDFE7C-EF4B-4270-97F1-54863B25F7C1.mov
    6.8 MB
  • IMG_7951.jpeg
    IMG_7951.jpeg
    578.2 KB · Views: 58