• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Portable Moth traps... (1 Viewer)

J@se

Hello peeps,

As with a lot of us, it wasn't just birds that interested me as a budding young naturalist, and as I approach 50 nothing much has changed. I've been out on occasional wildlife trust and local moth group mothing nights and would now like to start myself.

I live in a very small flat with no garden, so a couple of my requirements are portable and either (rechargeable) battery ran (or combi able to plug in to mains electricity too if this is possible?) and not too difficult to store.

Any suggestions on a trap to purchase and get started much appreciated.

Cheers,

Jason

Strongly recommend you go and look at the Anglian Lepidopterist Supplies website. You will find everything you need there.
There is the suitcase trap which packs away, a friend of mine uses one and it can run off a battery.
You can ring them too, very helpful.
Do go for it though, it really is great fun and you never know what you will get.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back