• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pratincole, Athens, Greece (1 Viewer)

nikosf

Hi,
I was wondering if anybody can identify which Pratincole this is from these rather bad pictures.

Thanks a lot!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_7489.JPG
    IMG_7489.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_7490.JPG
    IMG_7490.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 98
http://www.pbase.com/breider/image/63159938

i'd agree on tibault's comment - looks promising. apart from the missing white trailing edge there's little contrast between coverts and remiges and i can talk myself into looking at a short tail. however these birds are tricky and i've seen pics of collared pratincoles in best light without any visible white trailing edge. usually contrast is stronger between brown and black on upperwing in collared but i don't know how much we can rely on these photos. but: by the looks of it, a nordmanni.

best,

Thanks for all replies!!

Does it actually have a short tail? I'm sending the same picture having changed the brightness.

Attachments

• IMG_7489.JPG
    IMG_7489.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 72
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back