• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Prostaff P7, 10x30 a quick look. (1 Viewer)

Steve222

United Kingdom
It's quite wild outdoors so no test as yet, but, straight off the bat as Philipp mentioned, these are NOT suitable for observing with spectacles.
The eye lens is far too recessed just like the 8x30 model.
If like me, you DO NOT wear glasses there is NO PROBLEM what so ever with blackouts.

Attachments

• DSC_3976.JPG
    DSC_3976.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
I was wanting a budget pair of 10x compacts for a bit more reach over the river Tyne as we get a few wading birds.
Nice big 6.6 degree field too.DSC_3973.JPG

Nice feel to them.
Hope to get a chance tomorrow to take them out, if so, I'll post what I think.

Attachments

• DSC_3980.JPG
    DSC_3980.JPG
    917.3 KB · Views: 9
Disclaimer: I can only write this brief summary for myself.
As I'm the only one who has my eyes.

First point as stated above and by other people
Eye glass wearers need not apply, look for a different binocular.
Nowhere near enough eye relief for spectacle users!

I took these out this morning for a couple of hours to the local burn and river { Tyne }
Really nice optics, very sharp, very large field of view for a budget range.

Nice smooth focus wheel, no trouble what so ever, will be easy to use with gloves.
A bright white/grey sky, so looked at dark branches against this background.
To MY eyes, no CA at all.
This only eludes to me, you may see, you may not.

I'm not going to mention anything about slight colour casts as this is purely subjective.
As an example, the star Vega: to my eyes brilliant white, to some a greenish cast, to others a blueish cast.

Lovely to use in MY hands.
The right dioptre ring does feel weak so I carefully set the dioptre and set it in place and I won't touch that again.
The eyecups were a bit loose to the touch but at this price this is nitpicking.

As I don't wear glasses when observing I was pleasantly surprised to find I could use these at every position of eye cup.
Even when fully retracted!
I place eyecups up against the bone of eye sockets.
Again your bone structure may differ but I didn't have a single blackout!

I do have Alpha glass binoculars so I'm not coming to this pair from a cheap department store model.
For the money £200 UK { October 2023 } they are fantastic optically.

A real pleasure to use if you don't wear glasses and you don't treat them rough.

Steve.

Why is it better, may I ask? You've also potentially affected the resale value of your binocular should you decide to trade-up. Just curious.

RB
I don't get paid to advertise and I don't like walking round the areas I walk around with logos on display.
There will be no resale of these binoculars.
I bought these as a budget pair for the very reason they are a budget pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back