• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Question for Leica Televid Owners (1 Viewer)

Rapala

Hi all,

I am a new owner of a Leica Televid 65 spotting scope. I purchased it secondhand and have noticed what could be a defect with the eyepiece locking mechanism. When I attach the 25-50x eyepiece, it clicks into place but with enough force in either direction it still twists slightly. It's only a slight twist, perhaps 10 degrees of rotation, but it seemed unusual. Is it normal for the eyepiece to twist like this even when "locked" in place, or could there be an issue with the locking system? Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am a new owner of a Leica Televid 65 spotting scope. I purchased it secondhand and have noticed what could be a defect with the eyepiece locking mechanism. When I attach the 25-50x eyepiece, it clicks into place but with enough force in either direction it still twists slightly. It's only a slight twist, perhaps 10 degrees of rotation, but it seemed unusual. Is it normal for the eyepiece to twist like this even when "locked" in place, or could there be an issue with the locking system? Thank you so much!
I've owned this scope for a few years and the eyepiece on mine moves like this, so probably normal.

There was a problem with the twist up plastic eyecup on the 25-50 eyepiece. The plastic tabs that engage with the grooves on the eyepiece would loosen then break. I had 3 replaced free of charge by Leica - the last replacement was a modified design and I haven't had a problem since.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back