• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rain Guard for Swarovski 8.5 x 42 binoculars (1 Viewer)

Craig Thayer

The rain guard for my Swarovision 8.5 x 42 binoculars cracked and is no longer usable. For several days I have tried contacting Swarovskis USA (e-amil and phone) about purchasing a replacement but have received no response. Has anyone else had trouble contacting them ? Also any suggestions for a suitable replacement rain guard ?

Get the NL version. Assuming your 8.5 is an EL, the fit of the NL rain guard is a much happier fix for the EL. Got mine from Rhode Island .

The rain guard for my Swarovision 8.5 x 42 binoculars cracked and is no longer usable. For several days I have tried contacting Swarovskis USA (e-amil and phone) about purchasing a replacement but have received no response. Has anyone else had trouble contacting them ? Also any suggestions for a suitable replacement rain guard ?
Unusual maybe a busy week for them, I called in for objective caps for EL, and it was shipped out next day. Leave an unhappy message that might work. I use the stock rain guards , I just don’t push them all the way down over the rubber eyecups. Just a light tap and never have an issue with any of them for the EL or NL. It’s only an issue for me when you push them on where they’re fully seated, then they’re tight.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back