• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rare and Scarce Birds in Staffordshire (3 Viewers)

Behind the scenes

As part of the Central Rivers Bird Festival running until 27th May there are a series of walks running at sites between Burton and Tamworth, including active quarry sites where public access is not usually permitted.

See the link below to go behind the scenes and explore these quarries and discover how you can bird them from public footpaths etc in the area

http://www.centralrivers.org.uk/ind...tent&view=category&layout=blog&id=3&Itemid=23

I'm quite surprised at the lack of news on the Temminck's Stint this morning, I realise that it's not exactly a massive tick for many if any in Staffs but certainly a year tick for those Staffs year listing, also as the bird is in the same place as last years Pectoral Sandpiper it's not in a area that is affected by the working pit.

Yep suprised at no news on the stint - to be honest I'd totally forgotten about it as I was out with The Snapper last night hunting the Gailey area for owls and woodcock (to no avail on both) - did have at least 3 Spotted Fly tho which was nice given their recent scarcity.

News for the 25th May

2 Black Tern & 2 Black-necked Grebe - Branston Pits

Extra News for the 24th May

Grey Plover - Chasewater in evening

News for the 26th May

Red Kite - 2 x singles over Stafford & 1 High Offley
Sanderling - singles at Blithfield & Chasewater

Golden Oriole in the West Mids - briefly in a garden in Stourbridge today - they are getting closer...:eek!:

Red kite over the chase this morning. Also two guys reported seeing a male Hen Harrier over Sherbrook Valley this morning around 8.30 am but I didn't see it for myself???

Why oh why couldn't that Cream-coloured Courser from Herefords have dropped in on Berry Hill?? Maybe if they had turned it into a Golf Course it might have done...;):-O[/QUOTE]

Thank God the Courser DID'NT drop in on Berryhill I've just got back from Florida!!! phew!!

Why oh why couldn't that Cream-coloured Courser from Herefords have dropped in on Berry Hill?? Maybe if they had turned it into a Golf Course it might have done...;):-O

Thank God the Courser DID'NT drop in on Berryhill I've just got back from Florida!!! phew!![/QUOTE]

Quick holiday mate, seems to have flown by, I picked a good week off work myself with the Courser and Bluethroat in two days, hope you had a good one mate, back to reality though, I'm back in work tomorrow:-C

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back