• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

re sizing in Elements 4.0-photo frame (1 Viewer)

christineredgate

Winner of the Copeland Wildlife Photographer of th
Please can anyone advise me as to how to resize a photo so that it fits with a frame of approx 8 and a half inches ,by 6 and a half inches.That is the size of the display area in the the frame.The resolution is 800x600 ,whatever that may mean.Some photos do fit within the area,but others have a black band either above/and or below.The screen size is 10.4".The technical helpline is of no use.I have already accidentally set the info in Chinese,and I am unable to change!!!.These frames were on special offer,Bluetooth etc,so I bought one for a pressie,and one for myself,a useless gimmick,methinks.
Is there a way to resize the length and breadth of the photo individually?.When one resizes ,say for the gallery,one puts in 800 for the max height,then the width is set automatically.I use Elements 4.0 ,and only use the very basic bits.
Please,any help would really be appreciated.I want to add some shots to the frame for the gift,but would like them to fill the frame.

Last edited:
Use the crop tool, click it and type in the height and width you require

eg 8.5in x 6.5in

If the then need to adjust the image resolution for your frame, use image - image size and set your pixel count if needed.

Attachments

• crop.jpg
    crop.jpg
    650 bytes · Views: 88
Last edited:
Use the crop tool as Jeff said, but type into the dialogue box in the top row 800px for the width and 600px for the height or vice versa. The crop tool will do the job in one go without need to bother about the size.

Neil

Use the crop tool as Jeff said, but type into the dialogue box in the top row 800px for the width and 600px for the height or vice versa. The crop tool will do the job in one go without need to bother about the size.

Neil

thanks,Neil.Iv'e just had a go as Jeff suggested,not really sure what I was doing,but it did work,albeit was unsure as to what I should put in the resolution box.Will try your way tommorrow,and let you know the results.Incidentally the company I used-Udiggit .com have their advert here on screen!!!.

I was sent this diagram by the tecchhie guy today,re the 4.3 ratio,does anyone understand?.
I can zoom in and fill the frame,with a single image,and it does very impressive.Also,the com sent me an e-mail to change from Chinese back to English.
The message Andy sent with the diagram shown below,was:The image above,should help to explain the 4.3 aspect ratio a little better,as you can see the dimensions will all give the same number if divided by 4 for the large number and 3 for the small.:
Maths is a no go area for me.

Attachments

• pic-ratio..jpg
    pic-ratio..jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 52
Christine

If you are using this for a digital photo frame put 72 in the resolution box, it will make your images smaller in size which will load and display quicker without compromising on the displayed quality.

Pete :~}

thanks,Pete,they already are 72,just would like to be able to resize length and breadth separately.I tried Jeff's idea,but the resize was smaller than the original,and still had a black bar above /underneath etc.

Christine

If your photoframe is 800 x 600 pixels then all you need is an image that is also 800 x 600 pixels and it will fit the photoframe perfectly pixel for pixel. The actual physical size of the image is rendered irrelevant so there is absolutely no need to even think about that. There should be no black bars showing in your photoframe.

Enter the dimensions as in screenshot1, use the crop tool screenshot2, download the third image and see if it fits your frame. If not then your frame is not 800 x 600.

Neil

Attachments

• Screenshot1.jpg
    Screenshot1.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot2.jpg
    Screenshot2.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Chaff 017a.jpg
    Chaff 017a.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 57
Thanks,Neil,will have a go,early next week.It looks so easy,but never quite seems to work.You are using Photoshop,I am using Elements 4.0.
Many thanks for your help.If it works ,I will let you know.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back