• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rec,d my 8x42 HTs today (1 Viewer)

tealboy1

Tried to take a picture of my new ht series next to my new 10x40 conquests but the file was too big. I will be comparing the two just for fun. I already sold the conquests to a friend. On the surface,mthe ht were amazing. I'm not sure I know how to characterize the view but the brightness, clarity and depth perception just made them pop. Will spend more time tomorrow behind the glass.

Tried to take a picture of my new ht series next to my new 10x40 conquests but the file was too big. I will be comparing the two just for fun. I already sold the conquests to a friend. On the surface,mthe ht were amazing. I'm not sure I know how to characterize the view but the brightness, clarity and depth perception just made them pop. Will spend more time tomorrow behind the glass.

What a great New Year present.
Enjoy.

Lee

And in my opinion the best focus mechanism out there (I haven't tried the SF though)...

Hi David

For feel and precision I would say the HT wins but for speed and precision SF is on top. My favourite? Tricky question and it depends on the habitat and its hard to separate this from SF's larger FOV too.

Lee

Enjoy your new HTs. I really like mine, I call them Uther the Lightbringer..

Attachments

• HT.jpg
    HT.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 247
As someone who saw some intriguing things in the SF but wasn't totally sold on them, do I need to also look at the HT ?

Binoculars' Colour

The colour of SFs may still seem a little unusual to some folks but checkout the Zeiss Dialyt below.

SF-grey has an honourable precedent in the Zeiss heritage.

Lee

Attachments

• Skipper6x42.jpg
    Skipper6x42.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 132
The colour of SFs may still seem a little unusual to some folks but checkout the Zeiss Dialyt below.

Lee

I have always liked that photo ....beautiful! :t: The gray color (grey colour for Lee) goes well with the black accent trim.

Zeiss also went the gray color with the Terra 32 mm series. Maybe Zeiss is wanting their products to be recognized by the color as Swaro is associated with green.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/images/...erra_binocular_8x32_edition_under_1116043.jpg

There is actually a practical advantage to the gray over the black in my area. Anything black gets extremely hot under the Arizona noon day sun. The gray will be cooler.

I have always liked that photo ....beautiful! :t: The gray color (grey colour for Lee) goes well with the black accent trim.

Zeiss also went the gray color with the Terra 32 mm series. Maybe Zeiss is wanting their products to be recognized by the color as Swaro is associated with green.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/images/...erra_binocular_8x32_edition_under_1116043.jpg

There is actually a practical advantage to the gray over the black in my area. Anything black gets extremely hot under the Arizona noon day sun. The gray will be cooler.

It is a beauty of pic isn't it Bruce?

I wasn't at all sure how to react to the gray of SF and then Terra when I first saw them, but like Swaro-green they now seem very attractive and a breath of fresh air and diversity.

Lee

Lee

Well yes of course,but, like the SFs and the green Fls they show that tobacco colour when handled a while or in the case of the green FLs the rubber rings of the stay on objective covers marked the armour badly.

How nice it is on cold dark evening to get a nice clean lint free cloth the bottle of Armour all and polish those black beauties to a lustrous shine.

On the other hand maybe its time I saw a doctor!!
suppressor

Haven't looked through the HTs or SF's yet, but hard to believe that any binc could be brighter than the Victory FL series. Simply awesome.

Well yes of course,but, like the SFs and the green Fls they show that tobacco colour when handled a while or in the case of the green FLs the rubber rings of the stay on objective covers marked the armour badly.

How nice it is on cold dark evening to get a nice clean lint free cloth the bottle of Armour all and polish those black beauties to a lustrous shine.

On the other hand maybe its time I saw a doctor!!
suppressor

Suppressor
Yes I've seen the pics last year of a faint browness on an SFs armour but several months of use including sweat, dirt, seaweed and goose-poo has failed to leave any marks at all on my SF, or any SF I have seen.

Can't answer for those green FLs though, I don't like to go too close to them. That nauseous green colour might be contagious.

Meanwhile I'll let you get back to your Armour-All. I put that on my car tyres but what you put it on in the privacy of your home is between you and your conscience.

Lee

Hya Pillly

Took a look at your links, and yet, its only a few years ago that another study was telling me that people who buy cars painted dark-grey metallic were people who are confident, experienced, self-assured and in an emotionally balanced state.
This latter quality rules out most of us on Bird Forum of course.

Lee
Well, after seeing, studying and enjoying the SF view my parting and persistent thought was that I could not tolerate the color. It does, however, blend on cloudy days.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back