• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recommending a local guide for Uganda (2 Viewers)

Oregonian

Patricia and I spent three weeks in Uganda in November on a private tour. Birding isn't Patricia's main thing, so we didn't book a birding tour. In fact, the trip was sort of spur of the moment. We decided to go in October and were looking at Shoebills on November 11th. We had a travel agency we had had luck with previously set the whole thing up, with a driver, safari vehicle, and accommodations. It worked. We had a great trip, though some bits were suboptimal, we saw a lot of things. I hope to get a trip report worked out, but in the meantime, I want to recommend a bird guide we had in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest: Robert Byarugaba. He was very good at finding and getting us on the Albertine Rift endemics that are important. We would have had a better list had we worked with him to set up the trip from the outset, but then it would have been more bird-intense than what we wanted. In any case, the time we had with him in Bwindi was great.

Robert Byarugaba
[email protected]

Attachments

• Robert Byarugaba.jpg
    Robert Byarugaba.jpg
    820.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Black Bee-Eater.JPG
    Black Bee-Eater.JPG
    621.4 KB · Views: 9
Patricia and I spent three weeks in Uganda in November on a private tour. Birding isn't Patricia's main thing, so we didn't book a birding tour. In fact, the trip was sort of spur of the moment. We decided to go in October and were looking at Shoebills on November 11th. We had a travel agency we had had luck with previously set the whole thing up, with a driver, safari vehicle, and accommodations. It worked. We had a great trip, though some bits were suboptimal, we saw a lot of things. I hope to get a trip report worked out, but in the meantime, I want to recommend a bird guide we had in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest: Robert Byarugaba. He was very good at finding and getting us on the Albertine Rift endemics that are important. We would have had a better list had we worked with him to set up the trip from the outset, but then it would have been more bird-intense than what we wanted. In any case, the time we had with him in Bwindi was great.

Robert Byarugaba
[email protected]
Thanks for the tip. I just sent Robert an email to check on a possible trip.
BA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back