• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Request advice re: tripod for Nikon Fieldscope ed60 II (1 Viewer)

Earnest lad

Sorry to ask, but I am a complete novice as regards tripods and scopes.
Please can anyone advise whether the photo of the attached tripod with the head showing would be suitable for my scope
Can this scope have a ball head or a gimbal head fitted as far as is ascertainable from the photo?
I saw it advertised online locally.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 30
Hi,

I tend to agree with Alexis - you can't see much on the image except that the quick release plate is missing... so that head better comes off... and I'm not very sure about that... nor about the stability of the legs...

Joachim

Hi,

I tend to agree with Alexis - you can't see much on the image except that the quick release plate is missing... so that head better comes off... and I'm not very sure about that... nor about the stability of the legs...

Joachim
Thank you for your trouble to advise me about this. I shall give it a miss thanks in large measure to your kind comment

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back