• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Roaming in the Wild (2 Viewers)

JTweedie

The BBC Scotland channel has this series called Roaming in the Wild. I hadn't realised it was now in its second series. But the first episode I watched followed a couple of guys as they paddled down the River Kelvin, a tributary of the Clyde. The journey goes from the Campsies, hills to the north of Glasgow, and then through Glasgow's west end before arriving at the Clyde. The commentary is a bit irreverent. It's not really a wildlife programme, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

It looks like each episode is set in a different part of Scotland.

Thanks John.

The first series seems to have had 3 episodes available On Demand. Episode 1 was Rannoch Moor; Episode 2, presumably Loch Morar as it says the deepest loch; Episode 3 they cycle the north coast.

Yeah it came across as two blokes out for a laugh. Not much in the way of commentary on what they're seeing. Thought I'd share it though in case people liked the locations. It's not quite on a par with series I've seen going down the Wye and other rivers.

The second episode is better than the first. It's set in the Borders and contains better footage including some good shots of a glen that's slowly becoming wooded. If you skip the parts of the guys messing about then it's OK. Don't expect Planet Earth though!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back