• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Robins are still here and its the temp is 20, what should I feed them? (1 Viewer)

easytim

Robins are still here and its the temp is 20, what should I feed them? I'm in St. Louis Missouri
There just sitting in my pear tree, there is 9 inches of snow on the ground, are they going to be ok? I feel sorry for him

Last edited:
This time of year they mostly feed on berries.

I wouldn't worry about feeding them, because if there's no food for them, they'll move on.

Robins take even severe cold in their stride as long as there’s natural foods around in the form of berries or other fruit.

In the case of your two, you might try throwing out some raisins & see what happens

Well, I did a Google search and found out they like raisins, so I put raisins out on the railing of my deck. AND guess what? He came over and ate 3 raisins, WOW.
Thanks everybody for your input, there is 9 inches of snow on the ground, I just love the birds

Heres is a picture of the Robin eating raisins and he was also eating snow.

Attachments

• Robin-1.JPG
    Robin-1.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Robin-2.JPG
    Robin-2.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 104
Lovely photos and so different from our Robins .........mine just love seeds especially for Robins and song birds with a lot of meal worms etc in it. I also melt some beef dripping and mix with flour, sultanas and pieces of apple and make my own pat of bird food daily and they love picking at it too. I just adore Robins in my garden and their beautiful song.

Ours also like a little grated cheese along with their sultanas! Give it a try.

Robins in WA

Last weekend, I counted 32+ robins taking advantage of some apples, seeds and dates I had put out. I had never seen that many at one time in my life. I'm hoping they didn't actually need it, but I'll probably continue to put fruit and seeds out, just in case.

I buy berries and dried worms for Robins. Many robins come to my yard everyday. They are so friendly with me. I feed them everyday. For feed them everyday, I know some of them. We have too much fun during the summer, when I go to watering my yard, they love play with the water.

It is so wonderful.

I was feeding them this morning, and I saw a very depressed Robin. He/she could not fly very well. She/he looks like sick I am afraid because we have so many stray cats in our neighborhood.

Is it normal Robin get depressed? Is She/He sick?

There is any relation between weather and robin behavior?

Thanks

Freddy

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back