• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rubber Eyecup came off of 8x42 Diamondbacks (2 Viewers)

Colin06

United States
A few months ago I upgraded to a pair of vortex diamondbacks. Recently I noticed that the rubber eye cup was loose and spinning around when I would turn the eyepiece up. I contacted Vortex and they said I could add some adhesive to the inside of the rubber eyecup and place it back onto the eyepiece, and everything should be fine. They said that If I still have any issues I can send it in for repair. The guy at Vortex recommended a slow-drying nonexpanding rubber-based adhesive. He said they use Cemedine Power X. Have any of you had this problem, and If you fixed it yourself, what adhesive did you use? I'm just not sure what adhesive to get, as Cemedine Power X seems hard to get, and expensive.

A few months ago I upgraded to a pair of vortex diamondbacks. Recently I noticed that the rubber eye cup was loose and spinning around when I would turn the eyepiece up. I contacted Vortex and they said I could add some adhesive to the inside of the rubber eyecup and place it back onto the eyepiece, and everything should be fine. They said that If I still have any issues I can send it in for repair. The guy at Vortex recommended a slow-drying nonexpanding rubber-based adhesive. He said they use Cemedine Power X. Have any of you had this problem, and If you fixed it yourself, what adhesive did you use? I'm just not sure what adhesive to get, as Cemedine Power X seems hard to get, and expensive.
My question would be - since sending them in to Vortex is free (they send a prepaid shipping label) why not? They will inspect and fix any other problems you may have and send them back - maybe with a free hat. If you can stand to be without them for 10 days or so, you can save the expense of the adhesive.
just my 2 cents

My question would be - since sending them in to Vortex is free (they send a prepaid shipping label) why not? They will inspect and fix any other problems you may have and send them back - maybe with a free hat. If you can stand to be without them for 10 days or so, you can save the expense of the adhesive.
just my 2 cents
I guess I'll do that

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back