• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rubber eyecups for Nikon HG/LX 8X32 (2 Viewers)

dries1

Does anyone have any information if eyecups for the Nikon HG/LX 8X32 can be obtained from Nikon in the UK? Any help is appreciated.

Andy W.

Does anyone have any information if eyecups for the Nikon HG/LX 8X32 can be obtained from Nikon in the UK? Any help is appreciated.

Andy W.
Hi Andy, I got some new ones a few years back from Nikon UK. I need a new rainguard so I could ask them if you like. The eyecups were of the Matt/fluff attracting type similar to the HGL rubber, but work fine.

Hi Andy, I got some new ones a few years back from Nikon UK. I need a new rainguard so I could ask them if you like. The eyecups were of the Matt/fluff attracting type similar to the HGL rubber, but work fine.
Dipped, That would be a very nice gesture - thank you, and would be awesome if they have them in stock. It has proven an impossible feat with Nikon USA.

Andy W.

Andy W.
I obtained a new pair for my 8x32 HGL from Nikon UK last month (under warranty) so they are still available.
Nikon use a third-party company called Fixation to look after spares and repairs.
[email protected]

I phoned Nikon UK and was told to email [email protected] requesting price and availability of the rainguard and include if possible a picture of the item and matching binocular.
I didn't ask about eyecups as all requests go to the email address.
Things have changed since I last contacted Nikon as you used to be able to do it all over the phone.
Whilst the Nikon adviser was helpful he wasn't very knowledgeable on optics, not knowing what a rainguard was.
I hope this was of some help Andy.
As it turns out I managed to mend my rainguard (for now), with super glue and a molten cable tie. I'll still email them though to enquire about a new rainguard.
Probably best Andy if you email Nikon with your request?

Thanks dipped, that is what I am going to do. Give it an attempt anyway., The similarity of Knowledge of Nikon customer service as you described seems identical to Nikon here in the US.

Thanks dipped, that is what I am going to do. Give it an attempt anyway., The similarity of Knowledge of Nikon customer service as you described seems identical to Nikon here in the US.
Hi Andy, I've now heard back from Nikon spares.
I was quoted a net price of £32.92 for 2 eyecups and £5.90 freight (for eyecups and rainguard). The rainguard or eyepiece cap as Nikon prefer was £14.81. Tax/VAT was 20% of total order. I didn't get an answer if they ship to the USA but maybe you've had an answer if you've had a chance to email them.

Dipped thanks for the info, I have not contacted them yet, but your info on prices (very reasonable) is very helpful. I will be contacting them this week. Fingers crossed that they will ship to the US.

Regards,

Andy W.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back