• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sad News Regarding 9 (98) From Rutland (1 Viewer)

This is really sad news. I spent many hours waiting for and watching the ospreys at Rutland Water when I lived near there. :(

That is sad indeed, Tiger. What an inhospitable place to end up.

That is sad indeed, Tiger. What an inhospitable place to end up.

Looking at the photo of him with his first family, it highlights the incredible virtuosity and stamina of these majestic birds, but sadly, even they fall foul of either the weather or terrain. I hope it isn't Man who has caused his demise!

Amazing that Farid went all that way to look for the bird. Hat's off to him.

This account and willingness on Farid's behalf to track down the remains and transmitter should be published in a worthy magazine!!

It is a fascinating if sad story, set in dangerous terrain. Our thanks to him!:t:

Yes this is a very sad but still a very inspirational story. I feel we should mark it in some way.

Yes this is a very sad but still a very inspirational story. I feel we should mark it in some way.

A major newspaper perhaps? Wildlife Extra (Powell Ettinger is the Editor)

How can we persuade the Rutland Team to bring this wonderful saga to the notice of the press?

RSPB perhaps?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back