• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

S'Albufera, Majorca Birds ID (1 Viewer)

Raptorboy98

Young birder from Dundee
Hey everyone! In may this year I went to S'Albuferra marshes in Majorca and being unfamiliar of the local avifauna I have a couple of questions;

1) Im unsure of what these birds are.

2) Are these Greenshanks? And the tern nesting behind, I once thought to be Whiskered but I am doubtful of this now.

3) The first photo has a Black-winged Stilt and a plover which is presumably a little-ringed or kentish (help would be appreciated on this) and what I think might be a Marsh Sandpiper? There was two of these.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Attachments

• DSC_0523.JPG
    DSC_0523.JPG
    374.7 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_0524.JPG
    DSC_0524.JPG
    359.3 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC_0517.JPG
    DSC_0517.JPG
    419.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
tough photo's!

1 I think are 2 Ruff
2 Agree on 2 x Greenshank. Tern is Common. Also 1 x Redshank to right of Greenshank
3 Small wader is a Green Sandpiper, and I don' think you can positively ID the wader sat down.

Hi

First Photo- 2 juv Black winged Stilt

second photo-2 adult greenshank with a single redshank hiding just to the right of them. The tern is like Stuart said a Common tern.

third-green sandpiper as Stuart said. Marsh Sandpiper is much paler.

cheers Andy

Agree with Andy on all counts, plus the wader sitting down looks like another juv Black-winged Stilt (if you zoom in think you can make out the eye and a dark cap against an otherwise white head).

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back