• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SASOL guide Birds of Southern Africa 5th edition (1 Viewer)

I doubt it would make any difference to scan with my oldish iPhone or my ipad mini. The cameras on both are able to focus pretty close. (I do not have the book in question so cannot check)

Niels

Here's a sampling of raptor plates: Martial Eagle, Booted Eagle, African Hawk-Eagle, Jackal Buzzard (flight), Common Buzzard (perched)
Hadn't seen these before. Had high hopes and am now truly disappointed. I can't think why the publisher/authors found these acceptable - the shapes, of both perched and flying birds, are crude and stereotyped compared with the realism and subtleties of those by Peter Hayman that they've replaced. These really are an outdated style, whereas Hayman's were well ahead of their time.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back