• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scarlet Tiger, Shropshire (1 Viewer)

Sorry for the poor image, I only managed this one shot before it flew.
Photographed in the Wyre Forest, Shropshire, today. Is it a Scarlet Tiger?, and if it is, is it an unusual sighting. My book says Southern England and coastal regions.
Thanks
Jackie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 61
Scarlet Tiger

Sorry for the poor image, I only managed this one shot before it flew.
Photographed in the Wyre Forest, Shropshire, today. Is it a Scarlet Tiger?, and if it is, is it an unusual sighting. My book says Southern England and coastal regions.
Thanks
Jackie

Yes, Jackie this is a Scarlet Tiger they have spread well in the last few years. I am getting reports from a friend seeing them in Earlsdon Coventry at the moment, they were seen at Hartshill North Warks last year.

Regards, John

Yes, Jackie this is a Scarlet Tiger they have spread well in the last few years. I am getting reports from a friend seeing them in Earlsdon Coventry at the moment, they were seen at Hartshill North Warks last year.

Regards, John

Closer to the Wyre, they gave been noted at Upton Warren in recent days

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back