• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scavenger feeding station at Mirador de la Reina (1 Viewer)

Tony Knight

United Kingdom
Scavenger feeding station at Mirador de la Reina, Picos de Europa

Hi.

I will be spending a week in NW Spain at the end of June and 2-3 days of that week will be spent at Picos de Europa. I will hopefully spend a couple of mornings (cloud permitting!) high up after taking the cable car at Fuente De but I have read of a "Scavenger feeding station" on the other side of the Picos at Covadonga Lakes, or more specifically at the Mirador de la Reina. However info seems to be patchy with some reports saying you can't drive there and the only way is a taxi ride, and other reports of no food being put out.

Does anyone know whether food is put out daily, weekly etc and if so what time and how accessible the site is ? I would love to see a lammergeier but this would be 2-3 hrs drive each way from where we would be staying so really want to be sure I can get there and that food is still being provided so chances of a sighting are good.

Thanks for any help.

Tony

Last edited:
Just bumping this up the list. Also heading that way soon and would love to know if this is easy to get to and see..

Any help appreciated

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back