• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Serra dos Tucanos news? (1 Viewer)

level seven

Having spent a wonderful 10 days here a few years ago I've been concerned that they may have been affected by the bad flooding in the Rio de Janeiro area. Does anyone have any news? There's nothing on their website but keeping that up-to-date is unlikely to be a priority if they have been affected. I remember the site having a stream flowing right by the buildings and being surrounded by hills.

I've not heard anything but I share your concern. I'm also a bit worried about how nearby REGUA will have been affected, although the topography is a bit different there. There's still a big river nearby though.

Thanks Andrew. That's good news at least, although it's awful to hear about all the people who have died in the area, like the ranger, or lost their homes.

Good news too about Serra dos Tucanos. I contacted Birdfinders, who I travelled with, and they've replied to say they've been in touch with the lodge and everything's fine. They weren't directly affected.

Thank God nothing bad happened to the three lodges situated near the Rio de Janeiro floods. I just cannot say the same about the habitat, especially the Sumidouro area, but that's nature and I am sure the birds will find a way to survive too.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back