• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sightron "Blue Sky" II 8x32 (3 Viewers)

And hey, I can see Rudolph's antlers all the way to the North Pole with my alphas

Lilcrazy. I think you are a "lil" crazy. But I must say you are the KING of cheap binoculars. If I want a sub $100.00 binocular I know who to come to. I ordered the Sightron Blue Sky II 8x32 and should get them about friday. I made sure they had a good return policy! So if there is alot of people sitting on the fence on these things just wait a few days and I will give you the whole truth and nothing but the truth on the Sightrons. I have a pair of Nikon 8x32 EDG I's and a pair of Zeiss 8x32 FL's to compare them too. Not exactly fair but heck Frank says they are as good as an 8x32 SE so we will see. Wait, I think I am already getting an e-mail from Sightron. What! You will give me how much for a positive review! Holy smokes! Sorry, I can't be bought. What do you mean you will double what you gave Frank. Too be continued.............................

Last edited:
Yep....you again guessed it. I have been reimbursed by every optics manufacturer I have ever reviewed. That list would include....

Adorama
Atlas Optics
Barska
Binolux
Browning
Brunton
Bushnell
Cabelas
Celestron
Dakota
Eagle Optics
Focal
Hawke
Jason
Kenko
Kruger
Leica
Leupold
Manon
Mastercraft
Mayfield
Meade
Meopta
Minox
Nikko
Nikon
Olympus
Opticron
Orion
Penncrest
Pentax
Promaster
Sans and Streiffe
Sears
Sightron
Steiner
Swarovski
Swift
Theron Optics
Tru Glo
Vanguard
Visionking
Vixen
Vortex
Wards
Zeiss
Zen Ray
Zhumell

I am sure I missed a couple. ;)

I have a question for you. In an 8x32 binocular what in your opinion is the very best value for the money in a roof prism and a porro prism?

I ordered the Sightron Blue Sky II 8x32 and should get them about friday. I made sure they had a good return policy! So if there is alot of people sitting on the fence on these things just wait a few days and I will give you the whole truth and nothing but the truth on the Sightrons.

As opposed to the rest of us, who have unknowingly fallen under the spell of Frank's pied piper call of the $200 dollars binocular.

What's great about this whole process IS the return policy. We don't have to take Frank's or anyone elses word for it. We can use Frank's or others posts as a sign post, saying "hey look over here, there may be something of value you may like" and we order it and see for ourselves. If it's not our cup of tea, we send it back.

Of course from the viewpoint your coming from now, some of us are so clueless that we can't even be trusted to get that right. Thank god we have someone like you on here to open our eyes and set us straight.

John

As opposed to the rest of us, who have unknowingly fallen under the spell of Frank's pied piper call of the $200 dollars binocular.

What's great about this whole process IS the return policy. We don't have to take Frank's or anyone elses word for it. We can use Frank's or others posts as a sign post, saying "hey look over here, there may be something of value you may like" and we order it and see for ourselves. If it's not our cup of tea, we send it back.

Of course from the viewpoint your coming from now, some of us are so clueless that we can't even be trusted to get that right. Thank god we have someone like you on here to open our eyes and set us straight.

John

Maybe I should return mine sight unseen. I have no clue what to do. Help me someone. :gn:

It seems kind of silly to fight over an average bin with an 18 foot close focus.

Its actually 8 foot close focus. The 18 foot is a missprint. And yes it is silly to fight over any bin. If ya like'em, great post about it. If ya don't like'em great post about it. Both post are valuable info as far as I'm concerned. But don't come on with the attitude that your gonna give the definitive review to set everyone straight because they don't know what their talking about.

Of course that's just Dennis playing the Howard Stern bit to a tee.

John

I really don't get the connection between HS and Dennis. HS was a funny guy. (for about half an hour)

seriously. Talk about delusions of grandeur. Just being obnoxious doesn't qualify you to proclaim yourself HS.

to quote Lloyd Bensten: "Dennis, I know Howard Stern, I've listened to Howard Stern for over 15 years. You, sir, are no Howard Stern."

I have a question for you. In an 8x32 binocular what in your opinion is the very best value for the money in a roof prism and a porro prism?

Dennis -- do you feel that something can be simultaneously BETTER but also a WORSE VALUE?

To put it into concrete binocular analogy: if a $200 Sightron is 90% as good as a $2000 Nikon EDG, is it a better VALUE? What about 95% ... or 80% ?? where is the cutoff for the price/performance value proposition.

I don't think anyone would seriously argue that the Zeiss FL isn't better, nor would anyone argue that those who can afford it and simply want the best should go straight to the alphas.... but there are many people for whom priorities are different, and the possibility of very good performance for $400-and-under is a great thing.

seriously. Talk about delusions of grandeur. Just being obnoxious doesn't qualify you to proclaim yourself HS.
to quote Lloyd Bensten: "Dennis, I know Howard Stern, I've listened to Howard Stern for over 15 years. You, sir, are no Howard Stern."

The Howard Stern thing may have to do with the 1990's concept of a "shock jock". I think that in Stern's early days on the air, he was seen as kind of rude. That was until the airwaves got crowded with shock-jocks and they also started doing "the news" (in the U.S.A.) :-C

Last edited:
The Howard Stern thing may have to do with the 1990's concept of a "shock jock". I think that in Stern's early days on the air, he was seen as kind of rude. That was until the airwaves got crowded with shock-jocks and they also started doing "the news" (in the U.S.A.) :-C

Stern was good early on. Now he is, imo, a predictable bore.

Maybe I liked him back then because I was 20.

I am definitely familiar with the history of that genre.... but Dennis is much more akin got the lame "shock jock" HS rip-offs than to the real thing. They (like Dennis) figured out the obnoxious part, but totally whiffed on the more subtle aspects (humor, irony, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back