• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Signing a photo (1 Viewer)

Hi,

Depending on the software you use to edit your pictures, theres usually a Type Tool you can select. Once You have done this, you then click on the part of your picture you want to add the text, choose the font and size to use, then type it in.

Hope this helps,

tracker

If you use Photoshop you can check out Andy Bright's page:

http://www.digiscoped.com

He just updated the look of his site. Go to "Enter The Digiscoping Method", then on the bottom right is a link for Photoshop. Towards the bottom of that page are instructions about how to create a copyright banner brush (there is also a button at the top of the page that will take you to the copyright banner section). You can then use that brush to insert the banner into your photo.

Mark

Thanks a lot Mark- It works great ( still trying to figure how to enlarge the signature .... )

DOC,

I'm glad it worked for you.

To get a larger banner size, you can either create the brush with a larger font to begin with, or select the existing brush, increase the brush size, and then place the banner on the photo.

Mark

I have just had a try at doing this,both from the info on And'ys Forum,printed it without any pics,so may not have got it quite right,and also using Trackers way of using the T tool,but the image then goes into Tiff or PSD'or PSP,when I need it to remain in Jpg so I can send and print from Windows XP.I cannot seem to be able to transfer back to Jpg,any ideas please.? I always use XP Wizard for printing as it is easier,it sets out the sizes etc.
Can anyone suggest how I can add a signature and the © and still keep the image in an easy Jpg format.
Thankyou

Hi Christine,

When you have finished editing you piccie, you go to File then scroll down to SAVE AS....right?

A window opens giving you the choice of where on your Hrd drive you want to save the piccie, the File Name and Format. If you click on the Format drop down button, you will see a choice of what file extension you can save the picture as. Thats where you can choose .jpg, .jpeg, etc.
If you need help with sorting out a signature, i think ive got the hang of that now, using the suggestion in Andy Brights web page, so give me a call......... :t:

tracker

Heres what i do:

Open Photoshop, then under NEW , i open a blank page. There i write the signature of my choice. It can even be the birds name, etc. But for now a signature.

Type on the blank page the sig u want. Then with the rectangular marquee button, draw a tight rectangle around the signature you have just written. Then under EDIT, click on the 'Define Brush'. A box will pop up and ask you to name the brush. I just type the signature in. Then click OK. You will be left with the NEW page that you initially typed your sig on. Close this, but no need to SAVE. Now, click on brush tool (B). A brush stroke will now be high lighted above. Click on that, and scoll down to bottom. You should see your newly added Brush at the bottom. Click on it. (You should have a picture open at this stage that youre wanting to put the signature onto.) Using the size tool, to the right of the Brush menu, click the one that best suits your picture. It should be measured in Pixels. Then just click on the picture where you want it. ( A point to remember, at the start when you are creating the Sig on the new page, if youre wanting the © character in the sig, that must be added at the outset, holding down the ALT key and typing in 0169.)

Hope this helps.

tracker

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back