• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SLC 8x56 HD eyecups on SLC 15x56 HD (1 Viewer)

kkylp

Hi,

I am wondering can the SLC 8x56 HD eyecups be used on the 15x56 HD.
If so, can the 8x56 eyecup which is a few millimeters longer than the 15x56 be turned all the way down and out fully when used on the 15x56?
Will there be any difference or change in FOV etc..

Thanks

You can use the 8x56 eyecups on the 10x56 to get a bit more extension. Tenex has done that.
However there's no way you are going to need the large extension of the 8x56 eyecups on the 15x56, which only has 16 mm eye relief.
Fully extended they would severely limit the FoV.

John

You can use the 8x56 eyecups on the 10x56 to get a bit more extension. Tenex has done that.
However there's no way you are going to need the large extension of the 8x56 eyecups on the 15x56, which only has 16 mm eye relief.
Fully extended they would severely limit the FoV.

John
Noted with thanks John

All the SLC eyecups collapse the same way (only the internal slot differs) so they're interchangeable. There's several mm more depth between each which is normally enough for anyone who needs it, so 10x eyecups should be sufficient on the 15x, as I found 8x are on the 10x. And of course they're adjustable, so if full extension compromises FOV you can dial them down a bit.

That said, you'd be the first here to have this issue with the 15x56. (Even I don't.) Are you sure? Do you get blackouts when the fully extended eyecups are resting comfortably around your eyes, and find yourself holding them away?

Last edited:
All the SLC eyecups collapse the same way (only the internal slot differs) so they're interchangeable. There's several mm more depth between each which is normally enough for anyone who needs it, so 10x eyecups should be sufficient on the 15x, as I found 8x are on the 10x. And of course they're adjustable, so if full extension compromises FOV you can dial them down a bit.

That said, you'd be the first here to have this issue with the 15x56. (Even I don't.) Are you sure? Do you get blackouts when the fully extended eyecups are resting comfortably around your eyes, and find yourself holding them away?

Thanks for the information Tenex. No i don't get blackouts when the eyecups are fully extended and resting around my eyes. It's just curiosity on my part regarding the interchangeability of the eyecups between the different 56mm models.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back