• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Slovenia Birding (1 Viewer)

birdman

Орнитол&
Hi all...

One of my infrequent visits to BF, and I come in search of of help and advice.

I'm thrilled to bits to say we are going back to Slovenia for a couple of weeks in May.

Regulars perhaps know I have been before and seen some good birds, but I am after some help to find somewhere knew, and also to try to guarantee some old favorites.

We're staying in Bohinj again, but I think we'll get a car for a few days and spread out a bit.

First request... My umpteen visits to Slovenia in the past have resulted in:

Hoopoes: 1 (A rainy Bohinj day)
Bee-eaters: 0
Rollers: 0

Can you help me improve these numbers? Or is May a bit early in the year?

Second request:

Tell me somewhere good to go.

I know about Secovlje, but I've never been... would May be a good time to go? And... anywhere else?

Hvala lepa

Dave

:t:

Thanks Delia... appreciate the help.

Actually, I'm quite familiar with some of the National Park, and if I have any particularly excellent sightings this year, I'll add them to the site.

Secovlje is not somewhere I have been, and I don't think I will get chance this time.

We've got an idea of when we will have a car, an a tentative itinerary... so if anyone can give me bird info for Logarska (low level), Velika planina (Kamnik), Ljubjansko Barje and the Cerknica areas, that would be great. (I have been to the last two before... but without a plan!)

All assistance appreciated, as usual.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back