• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sony ‘Vinoculars’ (1 Viewer)

Over priced, over hyped and soon to be over here from November apparently. If you like gloomy poor moving 3d images supposedly in hi def then they will be for you if you have two grand to spare!:-C

I tried them at the BirdFair - like having two old camcorders bolted togther and just as heavy. Viewfinder image is poor and hard to pick out bird in shrubby background - another problem I find with camcorders.
No way they could compete with alpha binoculars for clarity - the 20 zoom is interesting, as is the ability to record things.
BIG and clunky - I imagine they will eat up batteries.

They WILL be the way ahead but I guess I'll wait 20 years until the technology is right.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back