• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

[South Australia] Baby bird ID and advice ASAP (1 Viewer)

Hi all,

My brother who lives in South Australia has just had a baby bird fall from the roof of his house (at the front). There are quite a few cats that roam around the neighbourhood so he's moved it into the back garden where it's well protected.

- What type of bird is it?
- Roughly how old is it?
- Should he try and return it to the nest? Please advise what he should do

UPDATE: The nest appears to be absent of any other birds - adult or fledgling.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Picture:
http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx277/sunsetinrio/baby-bird_zpsk6ddufdk.jpg~original

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC3F4iC3TMs

Attachments

• baby-bird.jpg
    baby-bird.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I'm not really sure what it is but the white patch in the wing makes me wonder if it's perhaps a baby Currawong (I guess Grey Currawong on location).

OK thanks,

So do you think this little fella will be able to get on without any assistance?

There doesn't appear to be any other birds in the nest...

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Try and get the local wildlife carer to come and have a look, it looks too young to make it otherwise. The phone number should be available 9maybe via the local council?- but I suppose it depends where you are in S Australia

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back